I wrote a wrap up post of my experience at BlissDom Canada 2013, but as I could have written for days, maybe even weeks, about it, I thought I would break it up into another post. There was so much to take in and learn at the conference, and thus just way too much to put into a single post.
Here are some things I learned at BlissDom.
1. Being new, and alone, can be scary. Hands shaking. Can't move scary. But you know what I learned; I am so much braver then I ever thought! The fact that I went to a place I have never been, alone, is a first for me. I honestly did not think I could do it. But I did. And I rocked it. I found a strength in myself I had no idea I actually had. And now I can use that to do so much more. Thank you BlissDom for showing me my own strength!
Also its OK to be alone. I haven't been alone in forever. I actually forgot what it was like. But its OK. Its good for you. Its good to take some time for yourself once in awhile.
2. Thanks to the amazing, talented, beautiful Jully Black I learned to Break Through My Own Glass Ceiling! We all have one, two, three, or more. Its something we can do to ourselves, others can do to us. But its our job to break through. Surround yourself with the right people, be inspired, encouraged, supported, and you will be limitless. Thanks Jully Black!
Not only did she teach us all a lesson. But Oh My Gosh! She is amazing! To hear her perform live like that was amazing. You could really see her passion for what she does. It was such a great night. I'm still in shock that not only did I get to hang out with so many amazing people, but also see Jully Black perform! What a special night!
3. People are real. OK, now let me explain. You know those people you meet on Twitter, Facebook, you read their blogs, and you think "Wow. This person is so nice, no way they are really like that in real life! It's gotta be some kinda of show!" Its not. I promise. The people I meet were just as sweet, caring, and funny as they are online. It was amazing to see. It really made you feel like you were just catching up with old friends instead of meeting people for the first time! Thanks for being real!
4. Truly people from all walks of life blog. And if you share a passion with someone, no matter age or background, you can bond with someone over this common ground. It was amazing to see people from all walks of life, such a wide range on age, come together and support each other.
5. BlissDom is amazing. Plain and simple. BlissDom was beyond words. I find it hard to actually explain. It is so much more then just a Blogging Conference. They had sessions that were just so inspiring. They had moments that made you laugh, cry, and believe in yourself. While there someone said it was like being a giant Pep Rally. It kinda was. But there was so much more then that. They also put in sessions for you to learn from. From Work, Create and Change. All so different. All so encouraging and inspiring in their own right. Not only did you walk away with life lessons, but also practical work lessons.
BlissDom is so much more then just a Conference. Its a true life changing experience.
Thank you to all the people behind BlissDom, to all the speakers, the singers, to everyone who attended. You all made BlissDom so amazing! Thank you!